Re: authentication trouble

On 09/26/2013 10:11 AM, Jogi Hofmüller wrote:
Dear all,

I am fairly new to ceph and just in the process of testing it using
several virtual machines.

Now I tried to create a block device on a client and fumbled with
settings for about an hour or two until the command line

   rbd --id dovecot create home --size=1024

finally succeeded.  The keyring is /etc/ceph/ceph.keyring and I thought
the name [client.dovecot] would be used by rbd.

That's right, the [client.dovecot] section is read, and settings there
take precendence over settings in the [client] or [global] sections,
which also apply.

/etc/ceph/ceph.keyring is one of the default keyring locations, so you
shouldn't need any special settings to use it though. It just needs to
be readable by the unix user you're running commands as.

I would appreciated any hint on how to configure the client.NAME in the
config to ease operation.

You can also use /etc/ceph/ceph.client.$id.keyring, where $id = dovecot
in this case, so that different clients don't need to share the
/etc/ceph/ceph.keyring file.

Josh