Segfault in MON when retrieving plain text performance stats

If I run
sudo ceph --admin-daemon /var/run/ceph/ceph-mon.ceph1.asok --format=plain perf dump

The monitor crashes, and the command returns:
admin_socket: exception: exception: no data returned from admin socket

upstart restarts the monitor, and the cluster recovers.

I set mon debugging to 20, and captured the attached logs.  I'm running 0.67.3 on Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS.

I'm able to crash an OSD the same way.  I assume it's the same bug, so I didn't attach any logs.  Let me know if you want them.

I'm playing around with some monitoring tools, and some of them don't understand JSON.  I was hoping to get performance data without needing some python glue.  Since I'm just playing around, I'll use some regexps to find what I want in the XML format.  I know it's evil, but it's ok for a proof of concept, right?  :-)

--

Craig Lewis
Senior Systems Engineer

Central Desktop. Work together in ways you never thought possible.
Connect with us   Website  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  LinkedIn  |  Blog