Re: Hadoop and Ceph integration issues

> <property>
>         <name>ceph.root.dir</name>
>         <value>/mnt/mycephfs</value>
> </property>

This is probably causing the issue. Is this meant to be a local mount
point? The 'ceph.root.dir' property specifies the root directory
/inside/ CephFS, and the Hadoop implementation doesn't require a local
CephFS mount--it uses a client library to interact with the file
system.

The default value for this property is "/", so you can probably just
remove this from your config file unless your CephFS directory
structure is carved up in a special way.

> <property>
>         <name>ceph.conf.file</name>
>         <value>/hyrax/hadoop-ceph/ceph/ceph.conf</value>
> </property>
> <property>
>         <name>ceph.auth.keyfile</name>
>         <value>/hyrax/hadoop-ceph/ceph/admin.secret</value>
> </property>
>
> <property>
>         <name>ceph.auth.keyring</name>
>         <value>/hyrax/hadoop-ceph/ceph/ceph.mon.keyring</value>
> </property>

These files will need to be available locally on every node Hadoop
runs on. I think the error below will occur after these are loaded, so
it probably isn't your issue, though I don't recall exactly at which
point different configuration files are loaded.

> <property>
>         <name>fs.hdfs.impl</name>
>         <value>org.apache.hadoop.fs.ceph.CephFileSystem</value>
> </property>

I don't think this is part of the problem you are seeing, but this
'fs.hdfs.impl' property should probably be removed. We aren't
overriding HDFS, just replacing it.

> <property>
>         <name>ceph.mon.address</name>
>         <value>hyrax1:6789</value>
> </property>

This was already specified in your 'fs.default.name' property. I don't
think that duplicating it is an issue, but I should probably update
the documentation to make it clear that the monitor only needs to be
listed once.

Thanks!
Noah