Re: Impossible to Create Bucket on RadosGW?

Georg Höllrigl <georg.hoellrigl@...> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm horribly failing at creating a bucket on radosgw at ceph 0.67.2
> running on ubuntu 12.04.
>
> Right now I feel frustrated about radosgw-admin for beeing inconsistent
> in its options. It's possible to list the buckets and also to delete
> them but not to create!
>
> No matter what I tried - using telnet, curl, s3cmd - I'm getting back
>
> S3Error: 405 (Method Not Allowed)
>
> I don't see a way to configure this somewhere in apache!?
>
> Any ideas whats going on here?
>
> Georg

I faced same issue and I had to switch to python API. It seems like java
amazon-aws libraries could only be used with some regions override file,
otherwise available regions are fetched from hardcoded amazon url. Just try
other lang API.

PS: There is also a note in Ceph doc (http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/
s3/java/#generate-object-download-urls-signed-and-unsigned)

'The java library does not have a method for generating unsigned URLs, so
the example below just generates a signed URL'

I need public URLs from Ceph and I'm using python API.