ceph-deploy host as admin host

Just got done deploying the largest ceph install I've had yet (9 boxes, 179TB), , and I used ceph-deploy, but not without much consternation.  I have a question before I file a bug report.

Is the expectation that the deploy host will never be used as the admin host?  I ran into various issues related to this.  For instance, if you run ceph-deploy to (re)create osds, it will pull the boostrap keyring from /etc/ceph, if available, instead of your deployment dir.  However, if you create a mon host, it assumes that it must be generated, so when you gather, you have a mismatch of keys between the mon and osd boxes.

Should we not be using admin and deploy on the same box?  I don't see a good reason why we shouldn't.  I went through the changelog for today's release, but I don't see anything that addresses this.

Thanks,
Warren