Re: live migration with rbd/cinder/nova - not supported?

Hi Maciej,

I'm using Grizzly, but the live migration doesn't appear to be changed even in trunk.  It seems to check if you are using shared storage by writing a test file on the destination host (in /var/lib/nova/instances) and then trying to read it on the source host, and will fail if this test does not succeed.  Given that we do not use a shared filesystem as such when using RBD backed instances, I don't understand how this can succeed:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py#L3726-L3761

Seems like I might be missing something and am probably reading the code wrong, as it sounds like you have it working.  Are there any particular settings you had to add to nova to make it work?

Thanks
Darren