Re: Understanding ceph status

On 09/10/2013 12:59 AM, Gaylord Holder wrote:
There are a lot of numbers ceph status prints.

Is there any documentation on what they are?

I'm particulary curious about what seems a total data.

ceph status says I have 314TB, when I calculate I have 24TB.

It also says:

10615 GB used, 8005 GB / 18621 GB avail;

This is, respectively, the sum of used space as reported by each osd, sum of available space as reported by each osd, and sum of total space as reported by each osd.

Each osd always report the result from 'statfs', issued on the osd data dir. This means that it will always obtain the results as reported by the fs when the osd lives.

This sum doesn't take into account the replication factor, thus this should always be taken as the raw size for the file system on which each osd lives.

The difference between your 26TB and the reported 18TB would most likely be the space taken by the fs for metadata and whatnot, leaving you with a given N bytes available for storage, such that N*num_osds = 8 missing TBs your noticing.

which I take to be 10TB used/8T available for use, and 18TB total
available.

This doesn't make sense to me as I have 24TB raw and with default 2x
replication, I should only have 12TB available??

I see MB/s, K/s, o/s, but what are E/s units?

'E/s' would be a reference to 'Exa'. Could you provide a sample line where you're seeing this?

  -Joao

-Gaylord

Joao Eduardo Luis
Software Engineer | http://inktank.com | http://ceph.com