Re: Using radosgw with s3cmd: Bucket failure

On 23.08.2013 16:24, Yehuda Sadeh wrote:
On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 1:47 AM, Tobias Brunner <tobias@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use radosgw with s3cmd:

# s3cmd ls

# s3cmd mb s3://bucket-1
ERROR: S3 error: 405 (MethodNotAllowed):

So there seems to be something missing according to buckets. How can I
create buckets? What do I have to configure on the radosgw side to have
buckets working?

The problem that you have here is that s3cmd uses the virtual host
bucket name mechanism, e.g. it tries to access http://bucket.<host>/
instead of the usual http://<host>/bucket. You can configure the
gateway to support that (set 'rgw dns name = <host>' in your
ceph.conf), however, you'll also need to be able to route all these
requests to your host, using some catch-all dns. The easiest way to go
would be to configure your client to not use that virtual host bucket
name, but I'm not completely sure s3cmd can do that.

Yehuda

I'm standing directly at the same problem - but this didn't help. I've set up the DNS, can reach the subdomains and also the "rgw dns name".
But still the same troubles here :(

Georg