SSD only storage, where to place journal

Hi everyone,

Reading through the documentation leads to the conclusion that it's a best practice to place the journal of an OSD instance to a separate SSD disk to speed writing up. But if I only use SSD storage (for object storage and journal) I think it would be applicable to place to journal onto the same SSD as the objects. I make an assumption: My server has, let's say, 8 SSD disks. This would mean I run 8 OSD instances on this server, every OSD instance has the journal on the same SSD as the objects. If one SSD dies, only this OSD instance is dead and all others on this server are unaffected.

Am I doing the correct considerations? What are best practices on an SSD only storage cluster?

Cheers,
Tobias