Re: Ceph Performance

On 08/29/2013 01:26 PM, raj kumar wrote:
I've not changed any default configuration of ceph-deploy. I just added
public/cluster network to config. rep size is  2.

it's a sata disk.

Yes. 191MB/s is from physical local disk.

That's pretty fast for most sata disks!

As you said running concurrent dd gives 94.1MB/s and 135 MB/s.  So is it
normal? I'm using ver version 0.67.1.

Since ceph distributes objects across lots of OSDs, higher levels of concurrency will help keep all of those OSDs fed with data. There are tricks you can do with cache to try to hide this (if you don't have RBD writeback cache enabled you may want to give that a try). For reads, increasing readahead_kb on the OSDs or on the client block device might help too.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM, raj kumar <rajkumar600003@xxxxxxxxx