Re: Ceph-OSD on compute nodes?

The "not recommended statement" is more a general performance concern. I believe the main problem here is the RAM consumed by the hypervisor and the RAM needed for the OSD (and good buffer cache too).
CPU load is also something to take into account.

––––
Sébastien Han
Cloud Engineer

"Always give 100%. Unless you're giving blood."
Mail: sebastien.han@xxxxxxxxxxxx - Skype : han.sbastien
Address : 10, rue de la Victoire - 75009 Paris
Web : www.enovance.com - Twitter : @enovance