Re: Problems with keyrings during deployment

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013, Francesc Alted wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I continue to try debugging the problem reported before.  Now, I have been
> trying to use a couple of VM for doing this (one with Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit,
> and the other with Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit, and I use the ceph.com repos for
> installing the Ceph libraries).  And, unfortunately, I am getting into the
> same problem: the keyring do not appear where they should (i.e.
> bootstrap-mds and bootstrap-osd in /var/lib/ceph).
>
> I have followed the preflight check list
> (http://ceph.com/docs/next/start/quick-start-preflight/), and the ceph user
> in the admin box can login perfectly well on the server box, so not sure
> what's going on here.
>
> I have even tried to use a single ceph server for installing everything
> (adding the 'osd crush chooseleaf type = 0' line into the ceph conf file)
> but then again the keyrings do not appear.
>
> Nobody is having the same problems than me (using latest Ceph Dumpling
> 0.67.2 release here)?
>
> Thanks for any insight!

There are several possible pitfalls here; the missing keys are just the
most visible symptom of the monitors not forming an initial quorum.

Can you post the contents of your ceph.conf and output from 'ceph daemon
mon.`hostnam` mon-status' on each of the mon nodes?

thanks!
sage