Re: Multiple CephFS filesystems per cluster

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Guido Winkelmann
<guido-ceph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have more than one CephFS filesystem per Ceph cluster?
>
> In the default configuration, a ceph cluster has got only one filesystem, and
> you can mount that or nothing. Is it possible somehow to have several distinct
> filesystems per cluster, preferably with access controls that could make ist
> possible for one user to access only one filesystem and not the other?

Right now you can only have a single filesystem per cluster, and there
are sadly no controls to forcibly separate users in the tree. You
*can* mount only a subtree of the full filesystem, and if you control
root on the mounting nodes this might be sufficient. (We've also done
some scoping work on securing this for a community blueprint in the
Dumpling CDS, but unfortunately it wasn't picked up:
http://wiki.ceph.com/01Planning/02Blueprints/Dumpling/Client_Security_for_CephFS.)
You can also segregate the file data into different RADOS pools and
restrict access to those pools on a per-client basis, but that leaves
everybody's metadata visible to and subject to manipulation by the
others.
-Greg