Sequential placement

Hi !

Ceph newbie here with a placement question. I'm trying to get a simple Ceph setup to run well with sequential reads big packets (>256k).
This is for learning/benchmarking purpose only and the setup I'm working with has a single server with 2 data drives, one OSD on each, journals on the OS drive, no replication, dumpling release.
When running rados bench or using a rbd block device the performance is only 35%-50% of what the underlying XFS filesystem can do and when I look at the IO trace I see random IO going to the physical disk, while the IO at ceph layer is sequential. Haven't tested CephFS yet but expect similar results there.
Looking for advice on how to configure Ceph to generate sequential read IO pattern to the underlying physical disk.

Have a nice day,
Dani