Usage pattern and design of Ceph

Hi ceph-users,
This is Guang and I am pretty new to ceph, glad to meet you guys in the community!

After walking through some documents of Ceph, I have a couple of questions:
  1. Is there any comparison between Ceph and AWS S3, in terms of the ability to handle different work-loads (from KB to GB), with corresponding performance report?
  2. Looking at some industry solutions for distributed storage, GFS / Haystack / HDFS all use meta-server to store the logical-to-physical mapping within memory and avoid disk I/O lookup for file reading, is the concern valid for Ceph (in terms of latency to read file)?
  3. Some industry research shows that one issue of file system is the metadata-to-data ratio, in terms of both access and storage, and some technic uses the mechanism to combine small files to large physical files to reduce the ratio (Haystack for example), if we want to use ceph to store photos, should this be a concern as Ceph use one physical file per object?

Thanks,
Guang