ceph-deploy mon create / gatherkeys problems

Hi everyone,

We're trying to get to the bottom of the problems people have been having
with ceph-deploy mon create .. and ceph-deploy gatherkeys.  There seem to
be a series of common pitfalls that are causing these problems.  So far
we've been chasing them in emails on this list and in various bugs in the
tracker, but it is hard to keep track!

 * If you are still seeing any problems here, please reply to this thread!

 * If you previously had a problem here and then realized you were doing
   something not quite right and got it working, please reply and share
   what it was so we can make sure others avoid the problem!

We have a couple of feature tickets open to streamline this process to be
simpler (1 or 2 steps instead of 4 or 5), but before we rush off and
implement it I want to make sure we fully understand where all of the
problems lay.

Thanks!
sage