Re: too much spam? RE:URGENT RESPONDS NEEDED FROM YOU PLEASE. @ Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:30am - 10:30am (missjanetyak@xxxxxxxxx)

> On 08/15/2013 12:50 PM, Ian Colle wrote:
>
> > Feedback?
>
> Not to you but to the others: bouncing spam is dumb. You do that, MLM
> should autounsubscribe you with a clue-by-four.

Just to be clear, when you say 'bouncing' you are talking about sending an NDR email back to the (probably faked) sender, which is dumb for many many reasons, and you are not talking about simply refusing to accept the email, right?

My server refuse to accept (at SMTP time) email that is classified as spam. That way the sending server has the responsibility to inform the sender that their email didn't get through (or not, if the sending server is a mailing list). So either the email gets through and the recipient receives it, or the email doesn't get through and the sender is notified. There is never a situation where it is held in a black hole like a junk mail folder.

James