Re: Designing an application with Ceph

Thanks, id didn't know about omap, but it is a good idea. I also found
that Eleanor Cawthon made a tree balancing project over OSDs. After
analyzing a bit more, I found that some librados and omap functions
aren't asynchronous. This is a considerable disadvantage when writing
a service where you expect high load. With synchronous calls I would
keep in  wait queue a lot of client connections So, I think the best
solution in my case would be to write key/values in my own format over
OSDs storing the data in chunks (ceph objects) of say 64KB , like
'pages' in a traditional DB engines. This way, it will be faster than
omap implementation and it also will work with asynchronous calls.