Re: Start Stop OSD

On 08/12/2013 04:49 AM, Joshua Young wrote:
I have 2 issues that I can not find a solution to.

First: I am unable to stop / start any osd by command. I have deployed
with ceph-deploy on Ubuntu 13.04 and everything seems to be working
find. I have 5 hosts 5 mons and 20 osds.

Using initctl list | grep ceph gives me

ceph-osd (ceph/15) start/running, process 2122

The fact that only one is output means that upstart believes there's only one OSD job running. Are you sure the other daemons are actually alive and started by upstart?

However OSD 12 13 14 15 are all on this server.

sudo stop ceph-osd id=12

gives me stop: Unknown instance: ceph/12

Does anyone know what is wrong? Nothing in logs.

Also, when trying to put the journal on an SSD everything works fine. I
can add all 4 disks per host to the same SSD. The issue is when I
restart the server, only 1 out of the 3 OSDs will come back up. Has
anyone else had this issue?

Are you using partitions on the SSD? If not, that's obviously going to be a problem; the device is usable by only one journal at a time.