Backup monmap, osdmap, and crushmap

I've seen a couple posts here about broken clusters that had to repair
by modifing the monmap, osdmap, or the crush rules.

The old school sysadmin in me says it would be a good idea to make
backups of these 3 databases.  So far though, it seems like everybody
was able to repair their clusters by dumping the current map and
modifying it.

I'll probably do it, just to assuage my paranoia, but I was wondering
what you guys thought.

I'm thinking of cronning this on the MON servers:
#!/usr/bin/env bash

# Number of days to keep backups
cleanup_age="10"

# Fetch the current timestamp, to use in the backup filenames
date=$(date +"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S")

# Dump the current maps
cd /var/lib/ceph/backups/
ceph mon getmap -o ./monmap.${date}
ceph osd getmap -o ./osdmap.${date}
ceph osd getcrushmap -o ./crushmap.${date}

# Delete old maps
find . -type f -regextype posix-extended -regex
'\./(mon|osd|crush)map\..*' -mtime +${cleanup_age} -print0 | xargs -0 rm