From: Mike Dawson [mailto:mike.dawson@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 4:10 PM
To: Jeppesen, Nelson
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Why is my mon store.db is 220GB?

220GB is way, way too big. I suspect your monitors need to go through a successful leveldb compaction. The early releases of Cuttlefish suffered several issues with store.db growing unbounded. Most were fixed by 0.61.5, I believe.

You may have luck stoping all Ceph daemons, then starting the monitor by itself. When there were bugs, leveldb compaction tended work better without OSD traffic hitting the monitors. Also, there are some settings to force a compact on startup like 'mon compact on start = true' and mon compact on trim = true". I don't think either are required anymore though. See some history here:

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/4895

Thanks,

Mike Dawson
Co-Founder & Director of Cloud Architecture Cloudapt LLC
6330 East 75th Street, Suite 170
Indianapolis, IN 46250