Re: Defective ceph startup script

I'm having trouble following this whole thread.  Two questions:

 - is there an upstart or sysvinit file in your /var/lib/ceph/mon/* dirs?

upstart.  My first mistake was that I was trying to use both upstart and sysv, depending on what directions I was following from the list, IRC, or site documentation.  I should have only been using upstart, but that didn't matter because the sockets were missing.

 - are the daemons defined in [mon.xxx] sections in ceph.conf?

No they are not because I instantiated everything with ceph-deploy.

That will control whether it is sysvinit or upstart that should be doing
the restart.

(And note that either way, upgrading the package doesn't restart the
daemons for you.)

Which is probably good, especially if you are running osd and mon on the same hosts.

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Greg Chavez wrote:
> I am running on Ubuntu 13.04.
>
> There is something amiss with /etc/init.d/ceph on all of my ceph nodes.
> I was upgrading to 0.61.7 from what I *thought* was 0.61.5 today when I
> realized that "service ceph-all restart" wasn't actually doing anything.  I

I've only done '[stop|start|restart] ceph-all', or 'service ceph
[stop|start|restart]'.  I'm not sure what the service command is supposed
to do with upstart jobs.

sage

--
\*..+.-