Re: Defective ceph startup script

After I did what Eric Eastman, suggested, my mon and osd sockets showed up in /var/run/ceph:

root@kvm-cs-sn-10i:/etc/ceph# ls /var/run/ceph/
ceph-osd.0.asok  ceph-osd.1.asok  ceph-osd.2.asok  ceph-osd.3.asok  ceph-osd.4.asok  ceph-osd.5.asok  ceph-osd.6.asok  ceph-osd.7.asok

However, while the osd daemons came back on line, the mon did not.  As it happened, the cause for it is in another thread from today (Subject: Problem with MON after reboot).  The solution is to upgrade and restart the other mon nodes.  This worked.

Now the status/stop/start  commands work each and every time.  Somewhere along the line this got goofed up and the osd and mon sockets either weren't created or were deleted.  I started my cluster with a devel version of cuttlefish, so who knows?

Craig, that's good advice re: starting the mon daemons first, but this is no good if the sockets are missing from /var/run/ceph.  I'll keep on eye on these directories moving forward to make sure they don't get lost again.

Thanks everyone for their help. Now I hope to engage in some drama free upgrading on my osd-only nodes.  Ceph is great!