Re: A lot of pools?

Sage Weil пишет:

>> I remember thread about directory quotas branch, but find nothing related in
>> current tree. Are this project active?
>
> For CephFS?  There hasn't been any work on quota enforcement in quite a
> while.  It would also make a good CDS discussion!

Now single way to make directory quota is creating pool, limit size and
set_layout to directory. But this is way to overhead for big number of users. In
theory, possible to make multiple pools fast or there are serious technology
limitation?

Also possible to use existing ceph feature: calculating recursive size of
directory. Even I think to try self: implement this check into samba ceph_vfs on
writes (to do samba-side per-resource quota). There looks fastest for me. But it
can do some overhead too.

Idea to utilize existing ceph instance to users homes with samba over cephfs is
very interesting, but quota is required. Doing this with pools enabling for
users other ceph features, but there are just perspective goal, not for current
(our) users.

--
WBR, Dzianis Kahanovich AKA Denis Kaganovich, http://mahatma.bspu.unibel.by/