Re: Cinder volume creation issues

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM, johnu <johnugeorge109@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>         I need to know whether someone else also faced the same issue.
>

> I tried openstack + ceph integration. I have seen that I could create
> volumes from horizon and it is created in rados.
>
> When I check the created volumes in admin panel, all volumes are shown to be
> created in the same host.( I tried creating 10 volumes, but all are created
> in same host 'slave1') I I haven't changed crushmap and I am using the
> default one which came along with ceph-deploy.

RBD volumes don't live on a given host in the cluster; they are
striped across all of them. What do you mean the volume is "in"
slave1?

> Second Issue
> I am not able to attach volumes to instances if hosts differ. Eg: If volumes
> are created in host 'slave1' , instance1 is created in host 'master' and
> instance2 is created in host 'slave1',  I am able to attach volumes to
> instance2 but not to instance1.

This sounds like maybe you don't have quite the same configuration on
both hosts. Due to the way OpenStack and virsh handle their config
fragments and secrets, you need to have the same virsh secret-IDs both
configured (in the OpenStack config files) and set (in virsh's
internal database) on every compute host and the Cinder/Nova manager.
-Greg