Re: ceph-deploy and bugs 5195/5205: mon.host1 does not exist in monmap, will attempt to join an existing cluster

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013, Josh Holland wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I've been having issues getting mons deployed following the
> ceph-deploy instructions here[0]. My steps were:
>
>  $ ceph-deploy new host{1..3}
>  $ vi ceph.conf # Add in public network/cluster network details, as
> well as change the mon IPs to those on the correct interface
>  $ ceph-deploy install host{1..3}
>  $ ceph-deploy mon create host{1..3}
>
> The next step would be to run "ceph-deploy gatherkeys host1", but this
> fails, as the /var/lib/ceph/bootstrap-{osd,mds} directories are both
> empty. Checking the logs in /var/log/ceph uncovers an assertion
> failure as in the referenced bugs[1][2], which ought to have been
> fixed in version 0.61.5. I have version 0.61.6 running on Ubuntu 13.04
> hosts, so I'm at a loss for why this is happening. I've tried with and
> without the "public network" variable being set, but it fails in the
> same way either way round.

I suspect the difference here is that the dns names you are specifying in
ceph-deploy new do not match.  Are you adjusting the 'mon host' line in
ceph.conf?  Note that you can specify a fqdn to ceph-deploy new and it
will take the first name to be the hostname, or you can specify
'ceph-deploy new name:fqdn_or_ip'.

sage