Re: Removing osd with zero data causes placement shift

Yeah, this is because right now when you mark an OSD out the weights
of the buckets above it aren't changing. I guess conceivably we could
set it up to do so, hrm...
In any case, if this is inconvenient you can do something like unlink
the OSD right after you mark it out; that should update the CRUSH map
to its final state so you don't see any more movement.
-Greg