Re: SSD recommendations for OSD journals

2013/7/22 Chen, Xiaoxi <xiaoxi.chen@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Imaging you have several writes have been flushed to journal and acked,but not yet write to disk. Now the system crash by kernal panic or power failure,you will lose your data in ram disk,thus lose data that assumed to be successful written.

The same apply in case of journal failure with data still on it.
Imagine an SSD journal with 50GB of data. If SSD fails, all datas are lost.

The only difference is that RAM is volatile and subjected to kernel
panics or power failure (I only have dual power server) but actuall
RAM is *MUCH* more reliable than SSD. I've never seen a single RAM
module (server grade) failed from the latest 5-6 year.