non-sdX devices with ceph-deploy and ceph-disk

Hi,

I have a fibre channel attached JBOD storage system that contains multiple FC connected disk drives that I am trying to use with 3 OSD servers, running on older HP hardware as a test system for ceph. I am finding that ceph-deploy and ceph-disk seems to have issues with non /dev/sdX devices. Issues include:

1. I had to modify ceph-disk to not exit when it saw the root device /dev/cciss/c0d0.

2. I could not get multipath devices to work with ceph-deploy or ceph-disk, but they only seem to work with /dev/sdX devices. These tools do not seem to like device names like: /dev/disk/by-id/ dm-uuid-mpath-3600a0b800019b33600001a0251dfba6e

3. As all 3 of my systems sees all the FC disks, they all try to mount all the OSD disks, which corrupts the local XFS file systems. Is there a black/white list available to say which disks can be mounted on which server. As my system is just a simple jbod, I cannot mask LUNs.

Thanks!

Eric