Re: OCFS2 or GFS2 for cluster filesystem?

You are right, I do want a single RBD, formatted with a cluster file system, to use as a place for multiple VM image files to reside.

Doing everything straight from volumes would be more effective with regards to snapshots, using CoW etc. but unfortunately for now OpenStack nova insists on having an ephemeral disk and copying it to its local  /var/lib/nova/instances directory. If you want to be able to do live migrations and such you need to mount a cluster filesystem at that path on every host machine.

And that's what my questions were about!

Tom