Re: Cuttlefish VS Bobtail performance series

On 11/07/2013 16:56, Mark Nelson wrote:
And We've now got part 3 out showing 128K FIO results:

http://ceph.com/performance-2/ceph-cuttlefish-vs-bobtail-part-3-128k-rbd-performance/
Hey Mark,

As speaking about the 10GbE at the end of your document, I do have the following questions for you.

What kind of network switch are you using ? That's not listed in the hardware setup.
Did you configured something noticeable on it ?

Did you estimated the network bandwidth between your hosts to see it you reach 10GbE ? On my setup, I'm close to release a set of tools for benchmarking & graphing thoses, I had the need to use a Jumbo frame at 7500. Is it your case too ? If so, it would be lovely to understand your tuning.
At MTU=1500 I had only 6Gbps while 7500 gave me more than 9000.

That could be very valuable to other that does benchmarking or thoses who want to optimize their setup.

Thanks for your great work,
Erwan