Re: Tuning options for 10GE ethernet and ceph

2013/7/11 Mark Nelson <mark.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On 07/11/2013 10:04 AM, Mihály Árva-Tóth wrote:
Hello,

We are planning to use Intel 10 GE ethernet between nodes of OSDs. Host
operation system will be Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64. Are there any
recommendations available to tuning options (ex. sysctl and ceph)?

Thank you,
Mihaly

Hi,

Generally if performance and latency look good with something like iperf and a couple of parallel streams you should be able to get good performance with Ceph.  You may find that using jumbo frames can help in some circumstances.  In some cases we've seen that TCP autotuning can cause issues (primarily with reads!), but I think we've basically got that solved through a ceph tunable now.

Hi Mark,

Thank you. So are there no Ceph-related configration options which can I tuning for good performance on 10GE network? Where can I read more about TCP autotuning issues?

Regards,
Mihaly