Ceph Developer Summit: Emperor

Hi, all!

It's time to start planning our Ceph Developer Summit again!  This summit
is where planning for the upcoming Emperor release will happen, and
attendance is (as always) open to all. It will be a virtual summit using
IRC, Etherpads, and Google Hangouts.

Here's our high-level summit calendar:

Jul 3: Blueprint submission opens
Jul 30: Blueprint submission closes
Aug 1: Final summit agenda announced
Aug 5-6: Summit!

You may have noticed that we're aiming for a two-day summit this time. It
was difficult for folks in Asia to participate in the Dumpling summit due
to the hour, so I'd like to try two half-day summits: one for the Americas
and Asia and one for the Americas and Europe. It might still be difficult
for blueprints with stakeholders in all three regions, but I think we
should give it a try! Comments and suggestions welcome.

Blueprints:

Between now and July 30, we're gathering blueprints for Ceph Emperor. A
blueprint is a document that describes work someone intends to do, usually
reserved for larger features that require discussion. If there's a feature
you think Ceph should have, we encourage you to write your thoughts and
plans in a blueprint. Then make sure to attend the summit to discuss its
implementation with others in the community.

Blueprints should be created on the Ceph wiki. You can find a "create
blueprint" button on the link below. If you have a blueprint from Dumpling
that should be discussed again at this summit, please move the page into
the Emperor section.

http://wiki.ceph.com/01Planning/CDS/Emperor

If you have any questions, drop us a line at community@xxxxxxxx. Thanks!

Cheers,