Re: Ceph on mixed AMD/Intel architecture

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Greg Chavez <greg.chavez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I could have sworn that I read somewhere, very early on in my
> investigation of Ceph, that you OSDs need to run on the same processor
> architecture.  Only it suddenly occurred to me that for the last
> month, I 've been running a small 3-node cluster with two Intel
> systems and one AMD system.  I thought they were all AMD!
>
> So... is this a problem?  It seems to be running well.

Well, AMD and Intel processors are all the same architecture (for now,
at least). ;)
However, Ceph *should* be fully processor independent — we don't test
it very often but everything that goes over the network is converted
to the same format regardless of what the local processor is doing. :)
-Greg