Re: Ceph and open source cloud software: Path of least resistance

Hi everyone,

with regard to OpenNebula I would like to point out a couple of things.

After Jaime Melis' post here, I decided to give OpenNebula another try on Ubuntu 12.10.

This proved to be a delightful experience!

Installation of the standard OpenNebula system went super smooth and without any problems. Setting up Ceph as the data store proved to be easy when following the information on the OpenNebula wiki.

For others that might want to repeat the experience, I found that it was neceesary to use "onedatastore update" to enter the required Ceph data store information after creating it (YMMV).

At first I was a bit confused as the log indicated "File not found" for my rbd images, but I found that I had simply forgotten to add the oneadmin user to the "cloud" group.

Next steps for me: add rbd_cache and patch qemu with the async flush patch.

--
Jens Kristian Søgaard, Mermaid Consulting ApS,
jens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,