radosgw placement groups

Hi,

So when bootstrapping radosgw you are not given the option to create the
pools (and therefor set a specific pg_num).  There are a lot of pools
created .rgw, .rgw.gc, .rgw.control, .users.uid, .users.email, .users.
I know I can set osd_pool_default_pg_num but that will apply to all
those uniformly.

Since I don't see any way to specify these built in pools I am guessing
I may be able to just create these by hand before with individualized
numbers of placement groups.  Is there a guideline to sizing these, my
guess is that these are not going to be uniform.

I also see the PG splitting feature but it is still experimental and I
am guessing not what I should be doing to continually resize these.

Thanks,
derek

--
---