ceph-deploy questions

Hi Everyone,
I am new to ceph but loving every moment of it. I am learning all of this now, so maybe this will help with documentation.

Anyway, I have a few question about ceph-deploy. I was able to setup a cluster and be able to get it up and running no problem with ubuntu 12.04.2 that isn't the problem. The ceph.conf file is a little bit of a mystery for me on ceph-deploy. For example when I create a mon or osd on a machine the ceph.conf file doesn't change at all. Then if I reboot an osd, I have to re-activate it every time. Am I suppose to edit the
config file for each osd? If I don't edit the file how do I keep track of each machine? or set special parameters for some machines? or does it matter?

One last thing is why does it put underscores '_' for spaces when it does deploy the ceph.conf? Seems odd since the documentation doesn't show underscores, but I guess it doesn't matter since it works.

Thanks for clarification,
Scottix

--
Follow Me: @Scottix