Re: ceph-osd constantly crashing

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM, Artem Silenkov
<artem.silenkov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Good day!
>
> Thank you, but it's not clear for me what is a bottleneck here.
>
> - Hardware node - load average, disk IO
>
> - underlying file system problem on osd or disk bad.
>
> - ceph journal problem
>
> Ceph osd partition is a part of block device which has practically no load
>

> Device:            tps    MB_read/s    MB_wrtn/s    MB_read    MB_wrtn
>
> sda              12,00         0,00         0,12          0          0
>
> Device:            tps    MB_read/s    MB_wrtn/s    MB_read    MB_wrtn
> sda              12,00         0,00         0,14          0          0
>
> Disk with osd is good, just checked it and have good r/w speed with
> appropriate iops and latency.
>
> But hardware node is working hard and have high load average. I fear that
> ceph-osd process lack resources. Is there any way to fix it? May be raise
> some kind of timeout when syncing or make this osd less weight or so?
>
> Or its better to move this osd to another server?

If it's part of a block device, are the other OSDs also part of a
block device, or do they have dedicated partitions? If its hardware
node has a higher load average than the others that could certainly be
involved. But all I can tell you from what you've given me is that the
OSD is issuing a sync to the filesystem, and the filesystem is taking
multiple minutes to return so eventually the OSD gives up and commits
suicide.
-Greg