Re: Current state of the Ceph-Hadoop integration

On Jun 4, 2013, at 2:58 PM, Ilja Maslov <Ilja.Maslov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is the only way to get it to work is to build Hadoop off the https://github.com/ceph/hadoop-common/tree/cephfs/branch-1.0/src or is it possible to compile/obtain some sort of a plugin and feed it to a stable hadoop version?

Hi Ilja,

We do have a plugin available! There is a link to it here on this in-progress documentation page.

  http://ceph.com/docs/wip-hadoop-doc/cephfs/hadoop/

Alternatively, you can download the Git tree you referred to above and run:

  "ant cephfs"

to build the same plugin. Let us know if you have any trouble!

-Noah