Re: ceph configuration

That's the exact documentation which i'm using the directory on ceph2 is created, and the service is starting without any problems on both nodes. However the health of the cluster is getting WARN and i was able to mount the cluster

On 06/04/2013 03:43 PM, Andrei Mikhailovsky wrote:
Yavor,

I would highly recommend taking a look at the quick install guide: http://ceph.com/docs/next/start/quick-start/

As per the guide, you need to precreate the directories prior to starting ceph.

Andrei

From: "Явор Маринов" <ymarinov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, 4 June, 2013 11:03:52 AM
Subject: ceph configuration

Hello,

I'm new to the Ceph mailing list, and I need some advices for our
testing cluster. I have 2 servers with x2 hard disks. On the first
server i configured monitor and OSD, and on the second server only OSD.
The configuration looks like as follows:

[mon.a]

         host = ceph1
         mon addr = 192.168.2.170:6789

[osd.0]
         host = ceph1
         addr = 192.168.2.170
         devs = /dev/sdb

[osd.1]
         host = ceph2
         addr = 192.168.2.114
         devs = /dev/sdb

Once i initiate 'service ceph -a start' i keep getting the following error:

Mounting xfs on ceph2:/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1
df: `/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/.': No such file or directory

and I'm unable to mount the cluster with the following command:
root@ceph1:/mnt# mount -t ceph 192.168.2.170:6789:/ /mnt

Also executing 'ceph health' i'm getting this response:
HEALTH_WARN 143 pgs degraded; 576 pgs stuck unclean; recovery 15/122
degraded (12.295%)

This is fresh install and there aren't any nodes which are added/removed.

Any help will be much appreciated.