Re: MDS dying on cuttlefish

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Giuseppe 'Gippa' Paterno'
<gpaterno@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>> Do I correctly assume that you don't have any CephFS data in the cluster yet?
> The funny thing this was a fresh installation.
> Just for your information, ceph-deploy didn't worked for me and I had to
> do all the operations manually.
> I recreated one of the two ceph clusters with bobtail, same config, and
> worked like a charm immediately.
>
>> If so, I'd just delete your current filesystem and metadata pool, then recreate them.
>> It should all be in the docs. :)
> Although empty, I did the ceph-osd --mkfs again, but with no luck.
> Also did the deletion of all the pools and recreated again (with a
> simple ceph osd create ....)
> Regards,
>     Giuseppe

Oh, not the OSD stuff, just the CephFS stuff that goes on top. Look at
http://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg00029.html
Although if you were re-creating pools and things, I think that would
explain the crash you're seeing.
-Greg