Migrating data from OpenStack Swift to RGW

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on migrating data from a Swift object store to a Ceph
cluster via the RADOS Gateway. As I'm progressing in my task I'm finding
several incompatibilities between the two. Being very new to both Ceph and
Openstack, I thought it'd be best to ask you guys for the history of the
project and ask about design choices and whether these issues are known.

* Keystone integration

  My first issue appears when declaring ceph/rgw as a service in Openstack
  keystone. I'm following this guide
  (http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/config/#integrating-with-openstack-keystone)

  According to the guide, I should define the URLs as http://ceph/swift/v1,
  however Swift will require the endpoint to have the tenant id of the user,
  http://swift/v1/AUTH_$(tenant_id)s. This will break the script I'm using to do the migration
  (https://github.com/enovance/swiftsync), but it also makes me worry about the
  behavior of the RGW in comparison.

  I guess what I'm saying is that I'm getting confused about how does RGW treat
  Keystone tenants and Swift users. Is there any documentation of this?

* Previous migrations attempts

  As a broader question, I'm interested to know if anyone has attempted (and
  documented) a data migration from Swift to Ceph (and possibly vice-versa)? My
  Googling attempts did not yield any result.

  Finally, given that I'm addressing some of the main devs of the RGW, do you
  think it can be done? What would you say should I look after?

For what it's worth, I'm using Bobtail, but I'm willing to upgrade to
Cuttlefish if needed.

Thanks in advance for the help, and please do not hesitate to ask if anything's
unclear.

Best,

---
Joe H. Rahme