Re: FW: About RBD

Thank you very much for your prompt response…

So basically I can’t use cluster aware tool like Microsoft CSV on the RBD, is that correct?

What I am trying to understand is that can I have 2 physical hosts (Maybe Dell PowerEdge2950)

*host1 with VM#0-10

*host2 with  VM #10-20

And both of these hosts accessing one big LUN or, in this case ceph RBD?

Can host1 failed all it VMs to host2 in case that machine has trouble and still make it resources available to my users? This is very important to us if we really want to explore this new avenue of Ceph

Thank you,

Yao Mensah

Systems Administrator II

OLS Servers