Re: RADOS Gateway Configuration

Daniel,

It looks like I need to update that portion of the docs too, as it
links back to the 5-minute quick start. Once you are up and running
with "HEALTH OK" on either the 5-minute Quick Start or Quick Ceph
Deploy, your storage cluster is running fine. The remaining issues
would likely be with authentication, chmod on the files, or with the
RGW setup. There's a quick start for RGW, which I had verified here:
http://ceph.com/docs/master/start/quick-rgw/. Someone else had a
problem with the Rewrite rule on that example reported here:
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/4608. It's likely I need to run through
with specific Ceph and Apache versions. There are also a few
additional tips in the configuration section.
http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/config/

There is an issue in some cases where keys have forward or backslash
characters, and you may need to regenerate the keys.

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Daniel Curran <danielcurran90@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just started using ceph recently and was trying to get the RADOS Gateway
> working in order to use the Swift compatible API. I followed the install
> instructions found here (http://ceph.com/docs/master
> /start/quick-ceph-deploy/) and got to a point where "ceph health" give me
> HEALTH_OK. This is all well and good but near the end of the rados gw setup
> (found here http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/manual-install/) I need to
> execute the following line:
>
> sudo ceph -k /etc/ceph/ceph.keyring auth add client.radosgw.gateway -i
> /etc/ceph/keyring.radosgw.gateway
>
> Unfortunately, I don't believe ceph-deploy places the keyring at
> /etc/ceph/ceph.keyring. I tried to use the one from
> /var/lib/ceph/bootstrap-osd/ceph.keyring but it was unable to authenticate
> as client.admin. Is there another location that the keyring needs to be
> copied from or am I doing something totally wrong?
>
> I didn't want to be held back so I restarted and did the manual install from
> the 5-minute quick start where I was able to find the ring. I had more
> issues almost immediately. I have to execute the following steps to create
> some users for swift:
>
> radosgw-admin user create --uid=johndoe --display-name="John Doe"
> --email=john@xxxxxxxxxxx
> sudo radosgw-admin subuser create --uid=johndoe --subuser=johndoe:swift
> --access=full
>
> sudo radosgw-admin key create --subuser=johndoe:swift --key-type=swift
>
> The first two gave me output I was expecting but the very last line had some
> weirdness that essentially made swift unusable. The expected output is
> something along these lines:
>
> { "user_id": "johndoe",
>   "rados_uid": 0,
>   "display_name": "John Doe",
>   "email": "john@xxxxxxxxxxx",
>   "suspended": 0,
>   "subusers": [
>      { "id": "johndoe:swift",
>        "permissions": "full-control"}],
>   "keys": [
>     { "user": "johndoe",
>       "access_key": "QFAMEDSJP5DEKJO0DDXY",
>       "secret_key": "iaSFLDVvDdQt6lkNzHyW4fPLZugBAI1g17LO0+87"}],
>   "swift_keys": [
>     { "user": "johndoe:swift",
>       "secret_key": "E9T2rUZNu2gxUjcwUBO8n\/Ev4KX6\/GprEuH4qhu1"}]}
>
> Where that last secret key is what we hand the swift CLI as seen here:
>
> swift -V 1.0 -A http://radosgw.example.com/auth -U johndoe:swift -K
> E9T2rUZNu2gxUjcwUBO8n\/Ev4KX6\/GprEuH4qhu1 post test
>
> However, my output came out like this:
>
> { "user_id": "johndoe",
>   "display_name": "John Doe",
>   "email": "john@xxxxxxxxxxx",
> [...]