Re: xattr on cephfs with dosattrib

於 2013年05月16日 20:45, Ulrich Schinz 提到:
Hi there,

today i setup my ceph-cluster. it's up and running fine.

mounting cephfs to my "client"-machine works fine as well.

~# mount
172.17.50.71:6789:/ on /samba/ceph type ceph
(rw,relatime,name=admin,secret=<hidden>)

touching a file in that directory and setting xattr works perfect.

~# touch /samba/ceph/test.txt
~# setfattr -n user.test -v test /samba/ceph/test.txt
~# getfattr -d /samba/ceph/test.txt
getfattr: Entferne führenden '/' von absoluten Pfadnamen
# file: samba/ceph/test.txt
user.test="test"

so this seems to work fine.

but when i try to copy a file from a samba share into ceph-dir, i get
following:

~# cp -a /samba/data/test.txt /samba/ceph/
cp: Erhalten der Zugriffsrechte für „./test.txt“: Die Operation wird
nicht unterstützt
(trying to translate: cp: preserving attributes for "Read..": operation
not supported)

also trying to change attributes from windows-clients via samba is not
working. windows-error is: access denied

dumping the attributes of the copied file (cp -a...) the attributes are
identical.

original file:
# file: test.txt
user.DOSATTRIB=0sMHgyMAAAAwADAAAAEQAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJzI1eupK84BAAAAAAAAAAA=

copied file:
# file: test.txt
user.DOSATTRIB=0sMHgyMAAAAwADAAAAEQAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJzI1eupK84BAAAAAAAAAAA=

only thing that changed are/is acl-settings:

original file:
~# getfacl /samba/data/test.txt
getfacl: Entferne führende '/' von absoluten Pfadnamen
# file: samba/data/test.txt
# owner: 3000000
# group: users
user::rwx
user:root:rwx
group::---
group:users:---
group:3000000:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---

copied file:
getfacl test.txt
# file: test.txt
# owner: 3000000
# group: users
user::rwx
group::rwx
other::---

trying to set acl i get error: operation not supported....

maybe there is a problem with mount-options, but i couldn't find options
for mount.ceph which could solve this.

in ceph-logfiles i can't find any errors. syslog, messages, dmesg
everything looks ok on client and on server(s).

someone with some hints where i could search for errors, or maybe an
idea what the problem could be...

kind regards
uli

Hi Ulrich,

I encounter this issue too recently. My current understanding is cephfs client (I use the kernel client but I think this applies to fuse too) does not support ACL operations which samba uses (http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/27). If you turn on samba debug you'll find log similar to the following.

[2013/05/17 11:18:35.219348, 10] modules/vfs_posixacl.c:110(posixacl_sys_acl_set_file)
  acl_set_file failed: Operation not supported

I'm still investigating on how to make samba store ACl in xattr *ONLY* and do not try to set posix ACL. "acl_xattr: ignore system acls = yes" doesn't seems to work for me.

Best regards,
Alex