Re: xattr on cephfs with dosattrib

Hi,

`cp -a` implies to preserve attributes. It is obvious that there are some
attributes set, not supported by any linux filesystem.

I have the same experience running `rsync -a` between a fat32 or ntfs filesytem
to ext4 or btrfs, it can not preserve attributes.

Try to copy the same files to an ext4 filesystem. If you get the same error, it
is not ceph. You can also consider to use `cp -r` (recursive). In that case
just the file is copied with the default attributes and making the user
issueing cp the new owner.

You can try to perserve some attributes and drop the one offending ceph (or any
other linux filesystem) with --preserve=[ATTR_LIST].

>From `man cp`:
[QUOTE]

 --preserve[=ATTR_LIST]
preserve the specified attributes (default: mode,ownership,timestamps), if
possible additional attributes: context, links, xattr, all

--no-preserve=ATTR_LIST
don't preserve the specified attributes

[UNQUOTE]

Good luck,