Re: Ceph-deploy OSD Prepare error

Ian,

If you are only running one server (with 2 OSDs), you should probably
take a look at your CRUSH map.  I haven't used ceph-deploy myself yet,
but with mkcephfs the default CRUSH map is constructed such that the 2
replicas must be on different hosts, not just on different OSDs.  This
is so that if you lose that one host, you don't lose access to both
copies of your data.  If this is indeed your setup, the PGs will be
stuck forever.

While not recommended for a production setup, if you want to play
around and get things to HEALTH_OK, you could modify your CRUSH map to
just choose two OSDs instead of two hosts.

 - Travis