Re: OSD state flipping when cluster-network in high utilization

Hi Tim,

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 09:25:35PM +0200, Tim Mohlmann wrote:
> Just for my information / learning process:
>
> This ping checking, is het a process itself, or is it part of the OSD process?
> (Maybe as a sub-process). In that case one could play with nice settings? Eg:
> marking the process as a realtime, or just a very low nice value. Then, at
> least, it would not bail on you when the CPU is at 100%. (preferring the pings
> over the OSD itself).

I believe it is a thread of the OSD-process.

So it could in theory be that something in the process, like a lock or kernel/scheduler
is blocking the ping process from being actived.

> I am actually new to ceph (exploring possiblities), so I am not famliar with
> its internals. So consider it as a "if, then" sugestion.

That is fine, we all have to learn it somehow. :-)