Re: Noobish questions on the radosgw and keystone

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 6:45 AM, Davide Fanciola <dfanciola@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> i'm trying to setup the radosgw with keystone integration and having a few
> problems, hopefully due to my noobism.
> I'm using Ubuntu 13.04 with ceph-0.61.2-1raring and
> keystone-2013.1-0ubuntu1.
>
> I followed the docs at http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/config/ and
> managed to have a "working" setup.
> Actually i have created a swift user and key using the internal
> authentication system and another user in keystone.
> I've successfully tested the access for both user with slightly different
> syntax on the swift command line.
>
> RGW User:
> $ swift -V 1.0 -A http://rgw.dns/auth -U user:subuser -K theKey stat
>
> Keystone User:
> $ swift -V 2.0 -A http://keystone.dns:5000/v2.0 -U tenant:user -K
> thePassword stat
>
> Now the problem i'm having is that if this two users create a
> bucket/container with the same name, the second user receive a permission
> error.
>
> From my understanding this is due to the fact that the returned
> "X-Storage-Url" do not contain any part specific to the user, i.e the url is
> always "http://rgw.dns/swift/v1";.
> When I check the API documentation, the storage url is normally given in the
> form of "http://rgw.dns/swift/v1/{USER_OR_TENANT_ID_OR_NAME}";.
> The only config options that looks like pertinent are "rgw swift url" and
> "rgw swift url prefix" but i don't see how to inject dynamic values (i.e.
> the tenant id)
> Am I completely on the wrong track here?

Yeah, that's unrelated. It's used by the gateway to identify whether
it's swift or not, and to generate the storage-url by the rgw
swift-auth.

> My final goal would be to have a sort of namespace for each keystone tenant
> (or RGW user).
> Tenant's users (RGW subusers) would be confined in that namespace and able
> to access each other files based on ACL's.
> Is this use case supported by the couple radosgw/keystone?

Not currently. At the moment all rgw users share a single namespace.
The rgw user <-> tenant mapping is more like the way S3 handles it. I
just created issue #5073 to allow that.

> The second problem is that i'm not sure the keystone revocation process is
> functioning correctly, here's what the logs shows:
>
> 2013-05-15 15:08:22.452380 7fa816bf9700  0 ERROR: signer 0 status =
> SigningCertNotTrusted
> 2013-05-15 15:08:22.452424 7fa816bf9700  0 ERROR: problem decoding
> 2013-05-15 15:08:22.452443 7fa816bf9700  0 ceph_decode_cms returned -22
> 2013-05-15 15:08:22.452463 7fa816bf9700  0 ERROR: keystone revocation
> processing returned error r=-22
>
> I've imported keystone's CA and signing certificate, so not sure what's
> wrong here but looks like the certutil step is not correct or complete.

It's hard to really identify what the problem is. It might be that
you've converted the wrong openssl certificate.

Yehuda