Re: ceph on zfsonlinux

On 15.05.2013 9:50, Mark Nelson wrote:
On 05/14/2013 10:46 PM, Leonov Aleksey wrote:

Yes, we worked with Brian Behlendorf a couple of weeks ago to try and
get it working.  Right now xattr=on seems to work great but is pretty
slow.  xattr=sa is much faster but last time I checked there was still
a bug somewhere causing it to not work quite right.  Please do feel
free to test both cases and let us know how it goes!

Mark

I think you write about this "Correctly return ERANGE in getxattr(2)"
https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/pull/1409
Please read "Ceph osd
crush."https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/1437
<https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/1437>
I run havy ceph benchmarks on zfsonlinux with two patches. After 5 days
I can`t see errors.
I don`t test clone, snapshots, only read/write operations.

     Aleksey

Just to be clear, you are testing with SA xattrs and are not having
any problems with any of the above operations?  That's great news and
probably deserves more testing if true.

Mark
Yes, xattr=sa without any problems with read/write operations. I continue to test on the one production server.

Aleksey